Reflecting at the end of this course, I have to say that I learned a lot.
Many of the questions that I had in the beginning remain, but I know they are eternal questions that teachers in traditional face-to-face classroom struggle with as well. How to create assignments and assessments that facilitate active investigation and deep reflection, rather than just posts to get 'participation points'?
How do you create a learning community without ever seeing or meeting each other?
Yesterday night, even though I finished all my discussion posts, journal entries, and final paper and submitted it all earlier that morning, I still wasn't sure if it was all done. There is something about going into a class and turning in assignments along with everyone else that gives me a sense of reassurance that I have completed everything I need to do.
I've started to get to know my classmates a bit better, and expect that as the courses continue, we'll get to build more a sense of a community and camaraderie.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment