As I juggle my own work and personal commitments, I can see how my students might also struggle, especially those who haven't had the years of classroom discipline that I received. I was always the obedient student who always did her homework. I have always seen myself as a motivated learner, but the self-directed nature of online learning is helping me develop a new kind of classroom discipline.
I think about what one student wrote in a post, about how online students are more resourceful and independent...Does online education encourage that resourcefulness, or were they already like that, and thus attracted to online learning?
How to create structures that encourage deep reflection and true participation?
Just like in classrooms, I feel like simply grading 'participation' on how many times someone raises their hand misses the point.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment